Children’s Ministry Coordinator
Gateway Presbyterian Church is seeking to employ a gospel-hearted children’s ministry co-ordinator to join our ministry team who will oversee and expand our growing children’s ministry.
The position is part time (two days a week).
Gateway Presbyterian is a vibrant growing church situated in the township of Anna Bay in Port Stephens.
Currently more than 220 people call Gateway Presbyterian their local church.
We have two morning services which cater for people from all walks and stages in life.
Both services have a Gateway kid’s program to encourage and support our families.
Our 8.30am service has up to 10 children and our 10.30am service can have up to 40 children involved in our kids’ program.
The Primary roles will be to lead and develop our Sunday morning Gateway kid’s program (K-6) which is held during our two morning services
and to develop and outreach to children who live on the Tomaree Peninsula.
Specific tasks include:
1. The overseeing of our Sunday morning children’s program.
2. To inspire, recruit, and train volunteers from our congregation in children’s ministry.
3. To coordinate outreach events for school-age children including annual holiday club and developing a kid’s club
4. To work alongside the SRE coordinator and Playgroup coordinator in building bridges from our local community.
5. To advocate for and represent children’s ministry to our wider church with the direction and support of the pastoral team.
6. To partner with and resource parents/caregivers as they disciple and nurture faith in their children.
7. To attend ministry team meetings as required
Skills and qualities Required for the Role
- A strong, growing and loving relationship with Jesus.
- A love for children and a desire to see them grow in Jesus.
- A demonstrated ability to build teams and delegate tasks.
- A proven ability to develop a strategic plan and then implement that plan.
- Strong communication skills.
- An ability to work independently.
- An ability to relate well to both children and adults and encourage them.
- Creativity and initiative.
- Good administration skills and the ability to plan, establish and maintain effective Children’s ministry systems
Other Qualities/skills which may be beneficial but are not a pre-requisite include:
- Some experience in Children’s Ministry
- teacher training
- Theological qualifications or presently enrolled in a Biblical course of study is preferable
Expectations of the Candidate
- A current and verified Working with Children Check.
- To complete a police check.
- Compliance with the NSW Presbyterian Church Breaking the Silence training
- to become a member of the Gateway Presbyterian Church
Salary Package and Entitlements
The Remuneration is in line with the NSW Presbyterian church recommendations for a Supervised Pastoral Assistant (pro rata at 2 days a week).
Terms of Employment
Commencement as soon as practically possible.
An initial six-month probationary period; and then ongoing.
Please apply in writing to email@example.com
by Monday 3rd May 2021 with a cover letter, your resume and the names of two referees
(one personal referee and the second a professional referee),
A letter with the information may be sent to the Church’s postal address for the attention of:
Rev. Ross Pethybridge
Gateway Presbyterian Church
P.O Box 229
Anna Bay, NSW