Equipping youth to know and follow Jesus for all their days
As we journey through faith and life together, we love to meet in a few formal ways during the school term week…
Friday – Gateway Youth
All youth are welcome to join us in the greatest adventure ever – coming to know the Author of Life, Jesus!
GY is a great place to form Christ-centred friendships as we have a great time mucking around and digging into the Bible together.
Friday’s 7pm – 9pm
@ Gateway’s main auditorium
For years 6 – 12 crew + their friends!
Sunday – LINK (Junior Youth)
LINK walks the younger youth through the guts of being a disciple of Jesus. Each week the youth are challenged to understand what it really means and looks like to have a life transforming relationship with Jesus.
LINK runs during each Sunday church service.
Sunday’s 8:30am – 9:40am AND 10:30am – 11:40am
In the GYC Youth Nook (around the back of church)
For years 6 – 8 crew
Sunday – Church Services (Senior Youth)
We love welcoming our senior youth into the main church services each Sunday. It’s a great opportunity for them to lap up being part of the broad church family.
Senior youth are encouraged step up and serve at their church service according to the gifts God has given them
Fellowshipping at Sunday church is a strong encouragement for any senior youth keen to be spurred on (and spur others on!) in their journey with Jesus.
Sunday’s 8:30am or 10:30am
Gateway Presbyterian Church, 43 Gan Gan Rd, Anna Bay
For years 9-12 crew
GYC AND COVID-19
Gateway Presbyterian Church is a ‘Covid Safe’ church, and the youth community will be following the protocols the NSW Government has outlined for ‘places of worship’
In light of this, we will…
- Meet in spaces that adhere to the 2m2 rule
- Insist on maintaining hygienic spaces, with disinfecting regularly
- Encourage thorough hand hygiene, with hand sanitiser readily available
- Wisely choose games and activities that minimise the risk of ‘cross contamination’
- Have all adults (including leaders and parents) follow the social distancing rules of 1.5m
- Ask any youth or leaders experiencing ANY Covid-19 symptoms to not attend the Gateway Youth Community event. If they do still attend, they will be asked to please leave immediately.
- Keep a full record of all attending our events for any contact tracing
CHILD PROTECTION PROTOCOLS
Gateway Presbyterian Church ensures that ALL adults involved in any GYC roles have completely fulfilled all legal and Presbyterian Church of NSW child protection protocols. This involves all adults obtaining a Working With Children’s Check, and completing and maintaining their Breaking The Silence training.
Children are precious to Jesus, and they’re precious to us. Will seek to do all we can to protect them from any harm.
If you’re keen to have a chat about anything related to Gateway Youth Community, please contact our Youth Minister.
Alicia Barnes – 0422880711 or email@example.com
(Updated April 2021)